Constitution of Coventry Archery Club
Amended at the AGM 8 April 1993
Amended at the EGM 21 September 2010
1) The Club shall be called Coventry Archery Club hereinafter referred to as the Club
2) The funds and property of the Club shall be vested in the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer for the time being.
3) All monies and sums received on behalf of the Club shall remain the property of the Club and there will be no distribution of such funds amongst the members.
4) The objects of the society shall be the promotion and encouragement of Archery in all its forms, other than Bow Hunting.
5) The Shooting Regulations as prescribed in the GNAS Rules of Shooting shall be accepted as governing the relevant branches of the Sport of Archery practised by the Club and its members.
6) Nothing will be included in this Constitution which conflicts with that of the GNAS.
7) The postal address of the Club shall be that of the Secretary in office at the time.
8) The Constitution of the Club shall not be altered or amended except at the Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club. Members wishing to move a proposition designed to alter or amend the constitution shall submit such proposition to the Secretary twenty eight days before the General Meeting at which such proposition is to be considered. Notice of such proposition which it is intended to move shall be sent to all members entitled to receive notice of such Meeting.
9) The management of the Club's affairs shall be entrusted to the Club Committee.
10) The Club Committee shall consist of Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Gents Captain, Ladies Captain, Gents Vice Captain, Ladies Vice Captain, Records Officer, Child Protection Officer and PRO.
11) All Committee Members shall be appointed at the AGM which shall determine the terms of their appointments from time to time.
12) At all meetings of the Club Committee the Chairman, if it is necessary, has a casting vote.
13) The Club Committee may appoint Sub Committees and may delegate to such Committees powers within defined limits.
14) There shall be the following Classes of Members:-
a) Senior Members
b) Junior Members
c) Honorary Members
d) Associate Shooting Members
e) Associate Non-shooting Members
15) The Club will have a President voted in annually at the AGM.
16) Subject to committee approval any person interested in Archery, having attained the age of 18 shall be eligible for admittance as a Senior Member, or under that age, as a Junior Member, provided that they are at least 8 years of age and if they are under 10 years of age their
parent/carer/guardian must be a member.
17) Any person whom the Club may wish to Honour for distinguished service to the Club may be elected at a General Meeting of the Club as an Honorary Member for Life or for a specified period of time.
18) All members shall accept the jurisdiction of the Club and shall conform to such conditions, shooting rules and regulations as may be determined from time to time.
19) If in the opinion of the Committee any member shall have been guilty of conduct which makes it undesirable that such member should remain a member of the Club then the Club Committee may expel such a member, after a hearing, without being called upon to state a reason to any but the member concerned. That member may within 28 days appeal in writing to the Secretary for an EGM to confirm the decision. The Club's decision at an EGM shall be final.
20) All members as defined in Clause 14 other than Honorary Members shall pay an annual subscription to the Club at rates to be determined from time to time by member in General Meeting.
21) All subscriptions become due on 1 September.
22) A member who has not paid their subscription by 30 September in any one year shall cease to be a member of the Club unless the Club Committee considers there are extenuating circumstances.
23) Guest archers shall be charged a fee to shoot at the Club. Such fee to be determined annually at the AGM
24) Auditors shall be appointed annually by members in General Meeting.
25) The Club shall cause to be prepared and shall present at the Annual General Meeting a Balance Sheet showing the financial position of the Club on the 31 December of the preceding year together with an Income and Expenditure Account for the twelve months ending on that day.
26) A copy of the Balance Sheet and Income and Expenditure Account duly certified by the auditors shall be available at the Annual General Meeting.
27) A bank account shall be maintained in the name of the Club. All cheques and orders withdrawing monies from the account shall be signed by any two members of the committee as determined
by the committee.
28) In the event of the dissolution of the Club the Assets shall be disposed of as directed by the General Meeting approving the dissolution.
29) The Annual General Meeting shall be held before the end of September at a place to be decided by the Club Committee.
30) The Club Committee, or at the request of 3 or more members shall call an Extraordinary General Meeting. Not less than twenty one clear days notice of such Meeting shall be sent to each Club Member. Notice of any Proposition which it is intended to move shall be sent to all Club Members entitled to receive notice of meeting.
31) At all General Meetings:-
a) 3 members two of whom are not committee members shall form a quorum
b) Each Senior, Committee and Associate member shall be entitled to one vote
c) The Chairman shall, if required be entitled to a casting vote
d) In the case of emergency the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall together have full powers to act.