Coventry Archery Club Privacy Notice
What this privacy notices covers
Coventry Archery Club is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Coventry Archery Club. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
Coventry Archery Club is an archery club and is affiliated to Archery GB, West Midlands Archery Society and County of Warwick Archery Association.
Coventry Archery Club operates the website www.coventryarcheryclub.com (the “Website”).
Information we gather.
Coventry Archery Club gathers certain information about you. Information about you is also used by the three organisations listed above.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us.
When you become a member of Coventry Archery Club, take a beginners’ course with us or shoot with us as a visitor you will give us information. Information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, a personal description, disability, ethnicity, your archery qualifications, award history or CRB / DBS / PVG checks that have been undertaken and a photograph.
Information we will record about you.
We will record information about the subscriptions you pay and any payments for hiring equipment from us.
We will record details of your scores. We will publish details of your scores on our website and if you enter any of our league competitions we may pass details of your scores to the league organisers for publication on their websites.
We will record certain details each time you visit the club. This will include the dates you visit and the payments you make.
Information we get from your use of our Website and services.
Each time you visit our Website, we may automatically collect certain information. This information includes technical information, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and information relating to what pages you have viewed (e.g. using cookies).
When you enter competitions the following information may be collected and shared with tournament organisers, scoring systems and results may be published: First Name, Surname, Gender, Bow style, Date of Birth / Age category, Email, Address, Phone number, Club (and ID), County (and ID), Region (and ID), Round (unless defined by age), Archery Handicap and Classification, Disabled (Y/N), Disability info.
In accordance with our competition entry documentation, photography and video may be taken at events, and these images may be used on our website, social media platforms and promotional / internal documents.
How we may use your information
We rely on the legitimate interest basis to use your personal information in some circumstances. For example, when you apply to become a member of Coventry Archery Club, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your information to respond to you and give you the benefits of being a member.
We also rely on obtaining your consent to use your personal information. For example, we will seek your consent to receive information about the club via email and post.
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
1. Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
2. To provide you with information about the club’s activities and memberships.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information with the following selected parties:
1. Associate bodies such as Governing Body, County, Region and Clubs in order that they may communicate with you regarding archery events only or to allow the associate bodies to manage the running of the sport in their areas.
2. Suppliers of (electronic) systems to enable them to diagnose and repair errors in their systems which affect the correct functioning of the club's operation.
We may disclose your personal information to the parties above:
1. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
2. to protect the rights, property, or safety of Archery GB, Our Members, or others.
3. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Users under 18
If you are under 18 and would like to get involved, please ensure that you have consent from a parent or guardian before giving us your personal information. You parent or guardian will need to countersign any documents relating to a person under 18.
Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules.
Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be stored initially with the Club Secretary. This may be as digital or paper records. Data may then be transferred to systems managed by any of the associations which the club affiliates to. This may be either as paper records via postal services or by electronic means.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Coventry Archery Club will take all steps reasonably practical to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to:
1. Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you other, please contact the Club Secretary in person when the club meets, via email or by letter.
2. Request that we delete your personal data.
3. You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Club Secretary and we will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to be a member of the club, taking a beginners’ course or visiting the club you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
The Club Secretary is the first point of contact regarding any enquires arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information using their online form which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will contact you directly.